Dinnertime

I believe that if you have gastroparesis you would be going low first and high much later, but perhaps someone who has it will chime in.

This is where my problem is... was about to go to bed... checked and it's 171... it's to late to even try a correction...and if it's going to do anything like it did last night it might continue to go up. Tomorrow morning I will be upping my basal to see if it helps at all.

I have to tell you, I am not clear at all that you have your basal levels set right. You can only determine this properly by doing a series of basal tests. To perform a basal test, starting with a normal blood sugar, you fast for about eight hours. If your blood sugar rises during this fasting, your basal is too low, if it drops, your basal is too high. Typically, you will make adjustments of 5-10% in your basal levels and retest. You can readily confirm whether your dinner problems are basal related by just taking one evening and skipping dinner. If your blood sugar rises through the evening, you have confirmed that your basal is insufficient.