Dizzy?

Hi everyone,

I woke up this morning and had the weirdest thing happen to me, I kept trying to walk but I kept going to the side like I was going to fall had to hold on to the wall for a while, after a few secs I tried walking again and was still leaning to the side had to hold on to everything while walking to keep from falling. I was not dizzy the room wasnt spinning or anything. It passed like in 5mins I knew it wasnt a low I checked and was high 268mg! I havent been that high in a while especially not in the morning but I have never had this happen to me I'm not even sure if it has anything to do with diabetes? But I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone has had something similar happen to them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)
theonetype

I would run this by your doctor to make sure there isn't something neurological going on. It may or may not have anything to do with Diabetes.

I agree with Zoe, you need to run this past your doctor. I had something similar happen to me recently and it ended up being a rather nasty inner ear infection.

I have an appt in a few weeks but might go sooner my ear has been bothering me for the past few days but didnt think anything of it.. thanks for the response guys :)

That definitely could affect your balance. (and is a lot less serious than other things it could be!). If it is an infection, it won't go away without antibiotics, so you definitely might want to go to the doctor before it gets worse.

yes I will get it checked out soon it might just be an ear infection, maybe that's why my BS was so high in the morning? it was so weird it felt like when you spin and you stop and just start going to one side without being able to control it, minus the spinning room it was really weird..

I agree with everyone else. Check with your doctor. Those could be signs of a small stroke and that should be checked.

eeek that is scary!! I keep getting a little pain in my ears I hope its just that.. going to the see the Dr next week unless of course it gets worse I just feel a little disoriented? and a lot of nausea havent really had real food all day..

I wouldn't wait until next week. It sounds like you have an inner ear infection and that's not something you want to mess around with. Diabetics have a harder time fighting infections than other folks do! If the infection progresses, you'll have more problems with your balance, nausea and disorientation especially after you've been lying down for awhile. If you can't see your doctor today or on the weekend, I'd go to Emergency. Seriously, those infections can get very nasty!

I actually thought stroke right after I read your post, but then when you mentioned ear pain that did sound more likely.

But the bottom line is none of us are doctors. It could be something completely different. I wouldn't wait till next week either but would try and get fit in or seen in urgent care. Failing that, I personally, wouldn't go to emergency unless it got worse, but that's just me.

Took all of you’re guys advice I’m waiting to been seen right now… Thank you all for the help :slight_smile: I will let you know if its in deed an ear infection

ok so he checked my ears and I did not have and ear infection he said it sounds like an inner ear infection? gave me amoxicillin & medrol dosepak he said it was a steroid.. I did not go to my Dr I went to a clinic similar to the one's inside walgreens but this one is inside our grocery store it's called the little clinic I saw a PA.. If my symptoms get worse I'm going to see my Dr on Monday..

I'm glad you went to the clinic! We have walk-in clinics here and they can be a godsend sometimes.

An inner ear infection is what I was referring to. The infection is deep inside your ear and the pressure there is what causes the dizziness, nausea and poor balance. My ex-husband used to get these a couple of times a year. They usually came on quickly and he rarely had any pain or discomfort. The poor balance and nausea can be scary. I hope you feel better soon!

When you go see your doc, you may also want to ask about Meniere's disease. Look at this link and see if it may apply.

Thanks for the link I had all of the symptoms they talked about in the link, still have a few of them right now… I hope it’s not that because this is awful can’t imagine going through that again…

Glad to hear you went to a clinic and are being treated. I hope you feel better soon. Inner ear infections do sound like a scary experience with the balance issues!