Doctor's Appointment

I recently saw my D doctor.I am taking Levothyroxine for hypothyrodism.He was going to increase it until I told him I was taking it with all my other meds.I started taking it separately 3 days ago and started noticing high blood sugars where I was always within my target range before.Should I just readjust my insulin levels or do 1 hormone pill every other day?I think I may be getting too much tsh, as I think that is the reason for my high blood sugars

Readjust your insulin. Thyroid supplementation frequently raises BG. Thyroid needs to be taken every day, a needed hormone. TSH is high when T4 when is low, so taking less levothryroxine won't lower your BG & it's not TSH effecting your BG anyway. This is a wonderful site for thyroid info http://tiredthyroid.com/.

Levothyroxine is T4 only. T4 is converted to T3. Many do far better on natural dessicated thyroid (Armour, Nature Throid, Erfa, WP Thyroid) which contains T4 & T3 because it's common to have problems converting T4 to T3.

Thanks for the reply.I have adjusted my insulin in the last couple of days.Today after btreakfast I was a little elevated add I did a correction and it brought me done pretty nicely.I will have to retest my basal rates.How much of an increase do you usually need,like10%?

Usually around 10%, but of course everyone's different. Best to take thyroid on an empty stomach. I take an hour before breakfast.