EDC Treatment for Lows

Tons of vids on youtube for hidden pockets - just sayin
I make them all the time

1 Like

@Tony24 Or a Tailor! That’s who does mine, LOL…

“My mother was a tailor…
sewed my new blue jeans…
my father was a gamblin man…
down in New Orleans”

2 Likes

Star Brites Peppermint Candy. 5g carbs each. I carry 5 pieces in my left front pocket at all times.

Actually they do really well. I suggest buying a box of six and trying them out. I love them, if I am actually going to love anything like this i mean.

Tried a Contour Next test strip bottle, managed to get 16 in it. That’s enough for one treatment, and may be my new go to.

1 Like

I’ll give them a try.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

1 Like

How about reusing the glucose tabs tube container for the Skittles?

Thanks @jgbar1950. I’m trying to “downsize” as to eliminate some of the bulk in my pockets. The tube of glucose tabs works, I’m just exploring options and this community often has some clever ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

those tubes’ lids will fall off! DAMHITK. After a while, the lids won’t stay on.

1 Like

Hi there, I’m a gal so keep mine in my purse, but my solution is about the same size as a tube of glucose tabs. I keep one ounce glass bottles full of pure maple syrup. It has a fairly high percentage of glucose in it so works quickly. It’s pure sugar so takes a long time to go bad.

Here’s an example of the bottles I use: (Pack of 12) 1 oz. Clear Boston Round with Black Cone Lined Cap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YVXNP3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HCT0DbMM5614Y

I had to find another solution cause of food allergies and corn specifically, which is the source of the glucose in pretty much every glucose product on the market. One ounce has about 27 grams of carbs in it, so I generally can treat two lows with one bottle.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion @Sarah_K1. I like the idea of liquid (honey or syrup).

1 Like

Tried a different test strip bottle (Contour Next) and managed to get 18-20 skittles in it. Also tried jelly beans and got about the same number in it. So, roughly 20 carbs in a smaller container. I’m going to stick with this for the time being.

1 Like

I remember reading on this site years ago not to use test strip canisters for candy because of chemical residuals. Not verified, but just thought I’d share.
My go to low treatments are treat sized packs of non chocolate candy I find in the stores around the holidays. I can usually snag a bag or 2 half price after Halloween, Valentine’s Day, and Easter. Each little bag is roughly 15 gr of carbs, are super portable and they seem to have a very long shelf life.

1 Like

Sorry…I haven’t read all the way through the thread, so may be repeating someone else, but the one serving sugar packets work well, also. I guess each one to hold a teaspoon, so 6 gr of carbs. The paper packets might not be sturdy enough for pockets full of accoutrements, but good in a pinch.

Granulated sugar is gross and hard to keep in good shape for long periods of time due to dampness in pockets, etc.

Not to mention that granulated sugars (aka table sugar) are made up of equal amounts of the simple sugar glucose and fructose.

While glucose has a glycemic index of roughly 100, the GI of fructose is only 19, resulting in a product GI of 60. Too slow for my liking …

I have similar environment; irregular non-schedule, often in remote areas, varying levels of activity;“Granola Dust” has just as many calories as the “real thing” so don’t worry, shovel it in if you need it.
I’v tried all sorts of specialized glucose boosters but have resorted to just regular old hard candies. They’re cheap, and available everywhere. If needed, I put a few in a sandwich ziploc bag. Also put small baggies in any backpack/ briefcase, guitar case/ whatever I’m carrying. 2 to 4 pieces usually do the job just nicely.

Thanks @john39. I appreciate the input. I’ve carried hard candies (and granola dust too :slight_smile: )