Emergency help. POD failure

I’ve never seen this before. POD died suddenly. It says remove pod and call customer support. I am on hold with them. It won’t let me start a new pod. I tried removing PDM batteries but am getting the same error. Ref 05 420 001 07196. I’ve had NO insulin for 20 minutes

I don’t use PODs, but found this for reset of older PDM.

Maybe check your manual to see if reset is possible.

Thank you. I finally got thru to Omnipod and got that exact “fix”. It didn’t work. I’m back to MDI until I can get another PDM. As it happens I am traveling in Europe so I’ll just have to muddle through

1 Like

If you don’t have one you will want to get a long acting basal insulin asap, otherwise with a quick acting insulin you have to get a shot every few hours and it means some sleepless nights.

1 Like

This exact thing happened to me when I was in Europe. Only I was using an old Revel pump from Medtronic.

I think:the metal detectors were to blame but I don’t know for sure. Back then they told us we could go through them.

I go through only the body scanners and get my hands swabbed and I haven’t had a problem since.

I have a full supply of fast acting and slow acting insulin. This is a 2 month long European trip so one suitcase is jammed with supplies. I will be ok. I was freaking out at first. I’ve never had the PDM fail like that. I haven’t done MDI since 2015. But I have a CGM and plenty of soda for fast lows and emergency glucagon also

Thanks for the help

3 Likes

Of course, this WOULD happen overseas. Go figure.

Watch how much walking you do, while changing to injection insulin. That always gets me. You’ll have a bunch of insulin in your system now, compared with pump microdoses and that can get activated with increased activity.

1 Like

I am mainly running high despite the walking. And can only give 1 full unit of insulin! Skittles candies are my equalizing friend

1 Like