Enlite Sensors -2018

Hi, Does anyone have any experience and or comments on the current batches of Enlite Sensors. A few years ago I used them with the Medtronic 640 pump. I liked the auto shut off when going low but found the sensors very unreliable. Have they improved? I was advised they have.

I can only speak for me and others will agree and disagree. I love the new sensor.

Note: I am a patient ambassador for Medtronic diabetes. I am not employed and do not speak for Medtronic, I have no special information and they do not provide compensation for my opinion (OK, they sent me a shirt). I can only give my opinion based on what i have experienced.

Thank you. Appreciate the reply. May I ask what it is specifically called?

I believe you are referring to Guardian 3 with 670 pump.

Question appears to be asking about the older enlite sensors used with 640 pump.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes.

I am inquiring about the Enlite sensors. I heard there have been a newer version released. But not yet in Australia.

I found this on medtronic AU website.

HOW DOES CONTINUOUS GLUCOSE MONITORING WORK?

The pump, when combined with the GuardianTM 2 Link transmitter and the enhanced EnliteTM glucose sensor, wirelessly transmits readings to your MiniMed® 640G. The readings are updated every five minutes and appear on the screen in colour. These regular updates can give you a clear understanding of how your glucose levels are tracking. The glucose sensor only needs to be changed every six days.

https://www.medtronic-diabetes.com.au/products/minimed-640g-system

(I currently use older MM 523 pump with dexcom G4, but years ago I used the older minimed Sof-sensor. )

Hopefully others can help with info on guardian 2 transmitter with enlites and possible improvements.

Thank you very much. This is very helpful. Im currently trying to make a decision about updating my CGM.

I recently upgraded to a Medtronic 630 with the Guardian 3 Enlite sensors. This current batch of sensors seem much less reliable than the ones I was using with my G-2 and 550 pump.
I am beginning to regret that I didn’t go with the latest DEXCom.

In the US, Medtronic has received and may now be shipping (I am not certain) the Guardian 3, transmitter and sensors for use with the 640g. They actually received approval in the summer and I believe they are either shipping now or will start shortly.

_Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that. _