Enough is Enough

I agree. I don’t notice it unless I need to reply to that person and want to tailor my remarks. That is, as a T1, I have to consider that a T2 may never go on a pump, or need to for that matter. Just as some 1s don’t or won’t either for various reasons.

I think I just read the thread of concern, but who knows. I think it is best to ignore comments that get your dander up though I admit it is hard to do!! Or come back with a funny remark. – “Oh yeah, I got diabetes because I ate a giant snickers bar every day for 5 years!” Of course, some will take it seriously because again they can’t see you laughing as you write that.

Agreed, sentiment and tone are always lost online. but smiles faces help to convey things =^)

that said, I personally, am always up for a good debate if I can learn something. Although, I think Ive done it enough to not take things personally and be able to keep it to a discussion rather than a bashing. Well, hopefully that is.

You two are right, tone and tenor are hard to convey. Those posts were awful, rather than engaging them, leave them to their own ignorance and just report it. Engaging them is futile.

You got mad skillz at high-jacking threads

Duck, are you trying to start an out and out war? You have hit some of the arguments of both sides. Are you having a bit of a dual personality situation today?!
But, of course, everyone knows that the Mac is better! Always has been and always will be. I have worked on both brands of pcs for many years. Therefore, I proclaim myself an expert in the matter. Macs rule!

I really don’t know! I’ve been using a PC for awhile and also been using Window’s. Am I missing something here?

mac schmac! I want my MTV!!!

LOL! I think so too! I know what that is! LOL!

Simply put, adding a ton more people will add a ton more people with opinions. It would be neat if there was a delete/block/ignore/dislike button like FB. KIDDING. I’m fighting my own mental battle with my new Pod-friend and getting used to this. THANKS to TuDiabetes I will make it through AND maybe help someone along the way. I’m a lover, not a fighter by the way.

PS- I work at Dell. I own an Apple. I love both.

I really DO want that button. lol And then I’m gonna go deleting all the Mac people! bwahahahahahaha!

Umm Excuse me! Red Hat Linux all the way! Although I do like my mac, it runs windows, mac, and linux all at once… I call it LiMaDows.

Oh, and Duck, I just hacked your system. =^D

you may now return to your thread as normally scheduled.

Just a thought.
It would be nice if you could edit your post AFTER the 15 minute period. Sometimes I type something that I wish I could take back later or it just came out worded all wrong. Maybe some people regret what they post the next day but cant change it. That can be a good thing OR a bad thing.

You can delete it at any time & rewrite it.

No way really? I thought you only had 15 min.

ok I see the orange X (never noticed that before) to delete a post but how do you edit after 15 minutes?

Right when I thought I wasn’t a noob anymore…oh great.

you have 15 min to directly edit it, but a post can be deleted by its author at anytime

Mac is better. No contest.

Ah, that makes sense now. So if I want to change a couple words I just delete it and rewrite it. Thanx Gerri & Scott !
-From the Noob

It’s nice that you bring up a topic that is about something you can control, like what computer you get! :slight_smile:

yep, I’ve done that. did a cut and paste into a new reply, deleted original, and made it say what I wanted it to really say the first time around

Computers and I would get along much better if they would do what I actually want instead of what I actually tell them to do.

I think it was Heinlein, maybe Asimov, that wrote “The day we teach computers to understand English will be the same day that we realize no one speaks it”