Excitement piled upon excitement!

Today is the day that Omnipod released the winners of the contest I entered in.
I got runner up! Which means I won a flip video camera which in itself is awesome.
Then I get an email saying they want to interview me on TV! WOW! So, on March 18 I’m going to be interviewed! What a day =) I am so very excited and nervous about this, that I can’t contain myself! haha. This is the media release they’re sending out to my hometown:

Fredericksburg Resident Lara Whitley Winner in National Video Contest
Recognized for Sharing How OmniPod System Makes Diabetes a Smaller Part of Her Life

FREDERICKSBURG, Va., Feb. 24, 2009 – Fredericksburg resident Lara Whitley today was named a runner-up winner in the OmniPod ‘Making Diabetes a Smaller Part of Your Life’ national video contest. The competition was sponsored by Insulet Corporation, the leader in tubing-free insulin pump technology with its OmniPod® Insulin Management System, to encourage OmniPod users to share their stories about how the innovative, tubing-free Pod makes it easier for them to manage their diabetes.

Twenty-one year-old Lara was chosen by five judges who are OmniPod users for her video titled “Gettin’ Down with the Pod!” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3pUu6SKFbo), and will receive a Flip Mino digital camcorder as her prize. Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes eleven years ago, Lara submitted a creative video depicting how diabetes made her feel anxious and different and how OmniPod has changed all of that.

“The OmniPod has definitely made diabetes a smaller part of my life. It is very easy to use; a couple pushes of a button and you’re done. It’s very small and discreet, and nobody notices it unless you point it out to them,” Lara says in her video. “The OmniPod has given me back my independence.”

“The thing that I really like about the OmniPod is it has no tubes,” Lara adds. “I was scared of all of the other pumps because they have tubes that can get snagged on doors, tables, and chairs.”

Lara’s endocrinologist, Reshma Parab, M.D., of Endocrinology & Diabetes Associates in Fredericksburg, says: “OmniPod has been instrumental in helping Lara keep her diabetes under control while providing her the freedom to live her life to the fullest. It’s great that she’s being recognized for sharing her positive story with other diabetes patients.”

“We are delighted that so many of our customers shared their inspiring stories in an effort to motivate people of all ages with diabetes to live their lives to the fullest with OmniPod,” said Shawna Gvazdauskas, Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Insulet.

For more information on the OmniPod System, visit www.myomnipod.com.

About Insulet Corporation
Insulet Corporation is an innovative medical device company dedicated to improving the lives of people with diabetes. The Company’s OmniPod Insulin Management System is a revolutionary, discreet and easy-to-use insulin infusion system that features two easy-to-use parts with no tubing and fully-automated cannula insertion. Through the OmniPod System, Insulet seeks to expand the use of insulin pump therapy among people with insulin-dependent diabetes. Founded in 2000, Insulet is based in Bedford, MA.

Wowzers! So much excitement, so little time! haha. All this while I’m sitting at my desk at work. Who wants to work with this kind of news? =) Not me! What’s even more ironic is I’m taking Speech in college this semester! I should totally get some extra points for this!

Congratulations!! This is awesome news!!!

Congrats!!! Saw that this morning. :slight_smile:

Congrats!!! Awesome!!!

Great Job. Your parents must be proud!

her parents are VERY proud! they have been proud of miss independent for eleven years and counting!

Thanks to everyone!
btw: sugarmama54 is my momma =)

Congrats again. Post the interview when it’s done if you can. Very neat - very exciting!

I will def try to post the interview =) thanks again for all the congrats!