Insulet Unveils Video Contest for OmniPod Users

Videos to Show How OmniPod Helps Make Diabetes a Smaller Part of Life

BEDFORD, Mass., Nov. 12, 2008 – Insulet Corporation, (Nasdaq: PODD), the leader in patch pump technology with its OmniPod® Insulin Management System, today unveiled the OmniPod ‘Making Diabetes a Smaller Part of Your Life’ video contest. The competition begins on November 14, World Diabetes Day, and is open to all current OmniPod users. Entrants are invited to create a short video to tell how using insulin pump therapy with the easy-to-use, tubing-free OmniPod System has improved their lives.

“We frequently receive inspiring testimonials from customers about how the OmniPod System has made it so much easier for them to manage their diabetes. The OmniPod’s innovative, tubing-free design enables people with diabetes to live their lives to the fullest,” said Steve Bubrick, Insulet’s vice president of customer care. “Insulet’s mission is to improve the lives of people with diabetes, so we hope this contest will encourage more OmniPod users to share their stories and motivate others to take better care of their diabetes.”

The contest was inspired in part by OmniPod customer and California teenager Christa Chastain, who recently sent Insulet a video testimonial. “I made my video because the OmniPod has made such a big difference for me,” Christa explained. “It makes it easy for me to stay healthy and feel like a normal kid. Also, because it’s watertight, I’m able to surf, which is one of my favorite sports.” Christa’s video is posted on the OmniPod website at http://www.myomnipod.com/VideoContest/ as an example of the kind of video entrants may wish to develop, and she will serve as one of the contest judges.

Contest Details

• Entrants will develop and submit a video, up to three minutes in length, that describes how the OmniPod System has helped them make diabetes a smaller part of their lives.
  • The contest begins on World Diabetes Day, November 14, 2008. Entries will be accepted from Midnight November 14, 2008, through Midnight December 31, 2008.
  • Winners will be selected by a panel of OmniPod customers who will judge videos based on the following criteria:

Inspirational value: is it touching; does it motivate others to take better care of their diabetes?

OmniPod messaging: how well does it convey the positive impact OmniPod has had on their life?

Creativity: how imaginative is the video?

Popularity: number of times the video is viewed

• The Grand Prize Winner will receive a MacBook® Pro Notebook Computer with Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS4 for video editing (valued at $3,300), and two runners-up will each receive a Flip Mino camcorder custom decorated with a favorite picture and built-in memory for up to 60 minutes of high-quality video (valued at $179 each).

• Winners will be announced February 24, 2009.

For entry details and official rules on the OmniPod ‘Making Diabetes a Smaller Part of Your Life’ video contest, please visit http://www.myomnipod.com/VideoContest/.

About the OmniPod Insulin Management System
Cleared by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) in January 2005, the OmniPod Insulin Management System offers people living with insulin-requiring diabetes unprecedented freedom, comfort and ease in managing their diabetes. The System consists of two devices, the compact, lightweight OmniPod, which is worn discreetly beneath clothing and delivers precise, personalized doses of insulin based on instructions programmed wirelessly using its companion, the handheld, wireless Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM). The OmniPod features no tubing and virtually pain-free automated insertion. The PDM, which is very similar in look and feel to a personal digital assistant, features an integrated blood glucose meter, disease management software and integrated storage of all insulin delivery, blood glucose and carbohydrate records.

About Insulet Corporation
Insulet Corporation is an innovative medical device company dedicated to improving the lives of people with diabetes. The Company’s OmniPod Insulin Management System is a revolutionary, discreet and easy-to-use insulin infusion system that features two easy-to-use parts with no tubing and fully-automated cannula insertion. Through the OmniPod System, Insulet seeks to expand the use of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) therapy among people with insulin-requiring diabetes. Founded in 2000, Insulet is based in Bedford, MA.