Fasting every other day

I started fasting actually for spiritual reasons and found that on the off days when I eat pretty much what ever I want (foods I know I can eat without trouble) my BG has been phenomenal so far. On days I fast it's has also been great to but the food days are wonderful and very predictable with less BG above my High target of 140mg/dL. On days I fast sometimes I will have a 12oz glass of Almond milk with two scoops of Whey Protein powder around lunch time but absolutely no solid food and no sugary/carbie drinks and I correct lows with Dex4 and sometimes my BG tries to climb in the AM so I bolus a few units during the morning. I lost about 4-5 pounds the first couple of days but the weight loss seems to have stopped. I'm going to do this for a month and see if there's any negative impact, Sunday I will start week two and on the positive side food has been wonderful and I had almost started hating food dreading every meal and what the outcome may bring.

I eat Lean meat, lamb, fish, eggs, veggies, berries, some cheese and nuts

probably about 80-90 carbs on food days and I also bolus TAG with no restriction on calories.

On fasting days I avoid strenuous activity, maybe a early morning walk.

Anyone ever try something like this?

I do intermittent fasting, but only one day a week. I think it really helps. I don't know that I could do every other day.

I'm not sure I can but the new has not worn off of yet so far it feels good. It's not a good idea for everyone but my life is not regimented and I have a flexible daily schedule. A construction worker or somebody that gets physical for a living could not cope with fasting on work days. I have talked with some indaviduls that
just eat some fruit and nuts on fasting days.

I fast for religious holidays and often do a trial run before the fast- I find that for the meal following the fast, my blood sugar shoots up and I need way more insulin.

This may have to do with the fact that I eat high carb- my typical day is 200+ grams of carbohydrate (and I only eat an average of 1600 calories per day).