Fed up with it all!

i agree w tht! life isnt peachy all the time n diabetes can really put a damper on it. sometimes venting...negative or positive...helps. ur feeling an emotion n let it out! lol. do u have acess to a gym? a punching bag helps. its normal to feel fed up at times. its alot of work.

Then how do you explain people slaving over diabetes yet still have high and low sugars? Even people testing 10 plus times a day. Sure the more you test the more careful you are eating, the more you keep stress low the better your control will be but that is far from a normal existence. Plus doing all that your likely thinking about your diabetes more. Watch this trailier if you haven't already seen it. Listen for the word "Relentless"!

http://www.patient13thefilm.com/

i also face the same.... but whenever it happens i just try to divert my thoughts by either listening to music or by reading joel osteen books or simply listening to his sermons..... it works a lot.... we have no other option so lets face the reality.... :)

As I read your words it sadden me that you are so young and are not seeing yourself first as a beautiful women who has diabetes.... I have been a juvenile diabetic for 45yrs
I am healthy and look half my age(so I'm told) there is so much better technology now. I have achieved in my life a master in social work , two marriages , and two children. I was told 30 yrs ago not to have children..my best advice for you is to not let your diabetes define who you are it is just what you have!

1 Like

Sometimes, yes, I am fed up with it, nat. Sometimes I just want my diabetes to go away. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's ok to be sad about my diabetes as long as I don't quit doing the things I need to do to take care of myself, like taking my insulin or checking my sugar. Being sad doesn't mean that I'm not strong enough or that I'm doing a bad job taking care of myself. I'm allowed to be sad. Getting with an understanding friend and just talking about what's going on and how I feel and why helps me a lot. Talking through things (or writing about them) helps me to put them into perspective.

Its hard to be optimistic and I feel for you. My husband for yrs was a "good diabetic" and kept good care of himmself. In spite of it all after 30 some yrs, he is now on dialysis. We'd like to give up too and say the hell with it, but hes still persivereing and going on with the dialysis and all. Maybe a ways down the road he can give up, he is only 58, but for now I think he is still plugging on trying to deal with dialyis and its own restrictive diet and fluid restrictions as well as a diabetic diet. I'd like him to live a while longer, but its awfull at times. He has not been asked about being on a transplant list, and has been told his only dialysis option is having it done at a dialysis center for 3 days a week, 4 hrs at a time. So far he has been able to still work and work his schedule around the dialysis treatment. What do you think would help you feel more optimistic? I'd like to help you find something so you can stick it out.

Sharon

OMG, I am a stress monster but I don't stress out about diabetes at all. My job is hugely stressful and having a 13 year old daughter isn't a piece of cake (ha ha...) either. I think that people struggle with numbers because they follow doctor's orders and the general directions. "Hmmm, your numbers are off, try this and come back in 3 months (or 6 months or next year...) and we'll see how they look then". If my numbers are off for more than a few days, I make some changes! It's far from a "normal" existence but it is how you kick its ■■■. A lot of people without diabetes run out of gas in their 30s and 40s, gain weight, lose muscle tone, etc. When I studied martial arts, I learned that if you keep working hard (really freaking hard a lot of the time but it didn't kill me...I only had situations that made me stop twice in like 6 years of it?), you will get stronger, faster, more flexible as well as other benfits like confidence, happiness and concentration. Since I stopped that, I've kept up with running and feel the same benefits. I'm not in a group but learned enough to keep at it and am in the best shape of my life at 44. While I'm not the best condtioned 44 year old as my "race results" show, I do the best I can and keep working and, at least so far, have kept improving. I think that you can do the same thing with diabetes but that medical providers are chicken%$&* and don't encourage patients to test, be careful eating, find stress outlets (like exercise...), etc.

I have to disclaim that I am not quite kicking it's ■■■, the way Helmut does. It's good to keep trying to improve.

Wow, that "Patient 13" video is intriguing as hell! Thanks for posting it!

there,s much worse conditions, at lease we have treatments, type 1 for 37 years.

God, I’ve felt like this so many times lately…I had to give up a lucrative career and go on disability because of this disease, and I can no longer get a driver’s lisence because I’m too blind to drive. Talk about putting a serious crimp in your freedoms! I’ve always tried to stay positive, but lately it’s finally gotten to me I guess.
Eric

As for how to stay positive…just remember it took the universe 13 billion years to bring you here, and life really is a true gift, even in the hardest of circumstances. Just hold you head high, and learn to laugh at it all. What can I say, Comedy Central is my fave station…
Eric

Thought I would let you know I'm very well (even the whole depression thing is gone) thank u all for help xx

so nice to here from you! depression can be a bugger but there is ALWAYS the road up from the road down so glad you have made it to the other side, always have hope girl, you are not alone and putting feelings down good or bad can sometimes help you sort through and see where you need to go. best wishes! amy

Glad to hear you came out of your funk, and also that you shared the good news. If you hadn't, this discussion would have easily slipped by my radar (I'm always late to the tu party).
There's a wealth of great support in this discussion already, but I'm curious to know what positive steps you've made in the last 8(?) months to be out on the other side again?

What is the alternative. Make it a way of life not a chore. We are above ground and it is hard but we are here. We do live in a modern time where we do have a lot of great medical equipment to help make day to day stuff easier and groups to help us all realize we are in the same position. I think it is a lot harder for MS patients and arthritis patients and cancer patients. I could go on. Take it one day at a time and the rest will fall into place. I had a beautiful baby boy who is now four. Time flies. Taking care of yourself is the best reward. When the A1C comes back under 6 the pushing and sweat and tears is all worth it. Find out what is making you so negative and make one change to make it better. Hang in there. The pluses out weigh the negative .

Well I just I don't know it just went away or I'm not thinking about it all as much but happy the way it is for now xx and was way too busy analyzing my life - at uni everyday. I think because I'm busy I don't have time for over thinking stuff x