-----Flatliners Club-----

I am not interested in restrictive diets either. I’ve found that I can maintain pretty good bg control with 100-150g of carbs per day, consumed mostly in combination with proteins+fat. My SD is between 15 and 20, and my last lab-measured A1c was 5.0. What works best for me is a high temp basal started well before a meal (about an hour or so, timing is not really critical) and extended well after the meal as needed (depends on type of protein+fat). Here is my lunch example from yesterday (40g carbs + good amount of protein and fat):

At 11am I started 2U/h temp, which is 1.6U/h above my normal basal rate. Bolused for 30g just before starting the meal at 12:30pm, when I knew what I was about to eat. Extended the high temp to 2pm to digest protein. Spiked to 95 :slight_smile:. In my experience, this approach has significant advantages over standard pre-bolusing or super-bolusing. I had posted another example and some more comments here. Dana Lewis has written a more detailed post about a similar technique here. Of course, what works for one PWD may not work at all for another.

2 Likes