I have learned a lot of awesome things from diabetes:
1. Tolerance for others’ lay attitudes
2. Patience to wait to get my wants filled
3. The ability to overcome any obstacles that come my way
4. Loving myself for who I am and not what others want me to be
5. To get back on my feet when life kicks me to the ground
However the true question is: What have I done in spite of it?
I have overcome a learning disability to follow my dream to become a psychotherapist. I have traveled all around the world showing my artwork.
I never saw myself as a diabetic and still don’t.
I am a man who can do anything he puts his mind to. I am a writer, a poet, a painter, a photographer, a therapist, a friend, a romantic, a lover and a Renaissance man.
I am even blogging from vacation at Turks and Caicos. Yes, I am that talented. (See photo from last night above)
Eliot LeBow LCSW Psychotherapist