Frozen shoulder, my BG experience after a steroid shot

Thanks for the encouragement, Richard.

I’ve had some challenges around meal insulin dosing. My Thursday graph above shows how I had to add a lot of correction insulin after eating. So, on Friday I added all that correction insulin to my meal dose but my automated insulin dosing system had a “max bolus” setting of eight units and my system gave me only eight units upfront and the rest with higher temp basals. That didn’t work out too well.

15%20PM

That spike topped out at 202 and I was above 140 for two hours and forty minutes. So today I got another opportunity to try this meal again. I elevated the max bolus setting to 15 units and was able to deliver 12 units upfront. That greatly increased dose plus a forty minute walk did the trick. My pre-steroid shot typical meal dose is around 5-6 units.

05%20PM

Today I took my insulin at 11:19 a.m. and ate at 11:50 a.m. and walked from 1:20 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. I seem to have a handle on what my increased insulin dose and timing needs are to keep things reined in. This steroid shot is definitely increasing my insulin needs. I hope to cut back on my doses as soon as I can but will let my body decided when that’s going to happen. I think I have benefitted a lot by cutting back my meals the last two days from two to one. I’m looking forward to eating again this evening, however.

1 Like