G7 sensor removal

The first time I did this it tore my skin. It says to pull back the edge and soak it in baby oil. Then use “adhesive wipes” to the skin as the skin gets removed. I need to change my sensor now. The first time I did this I didn’t read the directions and got a bruise on my arm (scabbing). So I’m doing it correctly this time.

Have any of you had a problem with G7 removal. Are any of you on the G7?

A.

1 Like

That’s not a selling feature!

Do they tell you what adhesive they’re now using? My G6 sensors, using their overpatches, all are peeling off by the time their 10 days are done. The G5s didn’t have to survive for that long, but I needed the overpatches for them, too. Did you use the G6 before you started using the G7, and if so, what was your experience with them?

G6 overpatches were no problem. I used G6 for a few years. The issue with the G6 overpatch was that you had to order them separately from Dexcom. With the G7 they are included.

My supplier (Byram) now sends the overpatches by default. But my question, unclear though it was, is about the G7 and its stickiness. Is the G7 sensor’s adhesive, all by itself, that much more tenacious? It really can’t be removed without tearing skin? I’m going to have to add a bottle of baby oil to my collection of sensor changing supplies?

mh

1 Like

Do you mean “adhesive remover wipes”? I use Uni-Solve wipes that I get from Amazon. They are a big help in removing my Freestyle Libre 3 sensors.

Yes, adhesive remover wipes. Baby wipes worked for me though.

This is only my second time inserting and taking off the old one.

A.

1 Like

If it’s that sucky, I feel that Dexcom should provide an adhesive remover swab with each sensor. I’m gonna try my fist G7 next week. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, just read the directions. I assumed G7 was like G6 and I could just peel it off. Get your baby oil out.

Ame

1 Like