Getting off my pump

hi, i have started a discussion here, talking about my recent switch back to MDI. back then it looked like i would get back to the pump eventually, but it looks like i might wanna stay. if you search the forum for the word “pump vacation”, you will find many more discussions about people going back to MDI after pumping. there is also a discussion here, where we talk about the basal insulin i have been using. it really is awesome and if you can get your hand on it i would highly recommend it. @Terry4 has asked me to do an in detail description of what exactly i did when switching back, i have been pumping more or less for 10 years consistently before i took the break in mid december. i will try to get that discussion about switching back to MDI up eventually, but i would like to wait another few weeks until i feel confident sharing the full experience. but feel free to ask away anyway :wink:
if you have been off shots for so long i would consider talking to your endo before you make the switch, but definitely dont go back to 70/30, that stuff is aweful, especially if you have had the experience of pumping for so long!! :wink:

1 Like