Gluten free diet

Thanks. That’s very nice of you. Yeah my endo treats by the range. I have had Type 1 diabetes for over 25 years and the Thyroid stuff was my 3rd autoimmune diagnosis. I have struggled with energy / fatigue for probably 15 years so I’m used to it. My doctor will check about every 3 months so I’m fine with that.

Gluten free is often high in carbohydrates. It doesn’t hurt to be gluten free. I can only speak for myself by saying I have more energy now that I’m back on organic (glycoside-free) wheat.

John

I began strict KETO lifestyle 2 years ago and had many issues including painful arthritis in my hands. I also practice intermittent fasting. I’ve been a type 1 diabetic for 59 years. Initially started the keto for weight loss but found out how miraculously it controlled my blood sugar! Never in my life had I had flat lined graph of blood sugar levels. I now have A1C of 5.7 and my swollen fingers and pain are gone. I have much more energy and feeling healthier than I have ever been. It works for me. I’ve lost 47 lbs of needed weight and have not been sick in 2 years.
I use Dexcom G6 and tslim pump… I’m 99 percent in range in blood sugar control for the last 90 days. Yes, it’s a lot of work but so worth it to me to feel good. I make all of our bread, rolls, buns, and tortillas. Cook most of our meals at home. We eat whole foods, l limited night shades, and few processed foods.

2 Likes

Yw :grinning: Just keep in mind don’t wait too long. By the time he decides to treat your thyroid could have more damage. I remember a tu member here being warned by one of her doctors to treat early to prevent it, she ignored all of the advice which included diet changes and meds and years later her thyroid gland was destroyed, which can’t be reversed. She was having a terrible time with her bg as well, also a type 1.

My father also has hashimotos which went undiagnosed and untreated for years which caused heart issues and more. Fortunately he does not have type 1.

Ok yeah I can definitely understand how it can be high carbohydrates. I’m pretty good at counting carbs though and try to not go overboard. So what exactly are the Glycosides? Thanks.

That’s great. I tried Keto diet a long time ago but I hate meat products. So it made me not want to eat at all. It definitely got rid of my appetite though.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. I will definitely talk to my doctor about it.

1 Like

I misspelled it. Glyphosate is “Round up” weed killer.

John