Grieving

my grandma died this morning. I feel so sad, so isolated… I have the strangest sensation that I could just evaporate if I tried(or knew how) , and “fly” from here: in front of a computer and $ 2000 and 1 later day away to her service in Merida, my home city in Venezuela.

How can that be? my body feels soulless… I hope my mind could join my soul where it is… Al least I hope my dear family, (dad, mom, brother and sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles) can realize my soul is actually with them… (or even better saying goodbay to my abuelita querida) Wherever it is, is not with me tonight… I am hurting and empty… grieving

She was the sweetest giving person in the word to me… and to most of us, her family, a strong woman that lived and worked for her children… and the children of her children… all her life. She gave all her life, all the thighs she had…

I don’t usually post this things on the web… but wanted to let you know, somehow it feels right.

Andreina:

I am sorry to read about you losing your grandmother this morning. I lost my paternal grandmother 15 years ago. I frequently think about her.

From your posting I get the impression that you have many fond memories of your grandmother. Be thankful for them and the time that you had with her. When you think of her, she is with you.

Andrenia,
I am sorry for your loss.

Very sorry for your loss Adreina. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

i a mso sorry to hear of the passing of your grandma.
my thoughts are with you. love to you!

My heart goes out to you, Andreina. A few years after I moved Australia, my father died in the USA and I couldn’t be there with my family. It hurts so much, but in time you will find that the gifts of your grandma continue, in your heart and the things that remind you of her.

Hugs,
Gaelyne

{{{{{Andreina}}}}}}}
I’m sorry for your loss. My heart flies with yours. Our elders who have loved us and held us close thru so much. We must remember all the good times, the special words of advice. That we may pass on the goodness they left in our hearts.
Bless You in your time of grief.
MeadowLark

I’m terribly sorry to hear this. I hope you’re finding your way through grief. I hope that you’re finding comfort in your loved ones. I wish you all the best.

Thank you all for your words! I can breathe normally :slight_smile: and feel better in general… I wish I can go to Venezuela and visit her house, be with my family… it is very easy to get busy and forget when you are far away… I didn’t know you could procrastinate your grieve…

I can understand what you mean, Judith… I am fortunate because my profession always makes me revisit myself, aware or not

Andreina,

I just read your note and wanted to thank you for sharing your grief with us.

It is hard to comprehend no longer having someone we love around us. It is harder still when we are far away in a land where the scent of hayacas and sancocho andino and views of snow-capped mountains and banana trees greet our eyes when we step outside.

You will embrace your abuela each time you sketch or write. Souls connect this way.

Lilia