Hi everyone

Hi,

I thought I’d introduce myself.

I’m a writer who is currently working on a book for parents and kids (2-6 y.o) in the year immediately following diagnosis. The book will provide helpful advice for parents, and activities for children that will help them develop the 7 key skills for self-care that have been identified by the AADE.

I don’t have diabetes personally, and no one in my extended family does either. So why am I doing this? The short answer is… because I can. I have the skills to create something uniquely useful (I’ve done my research, there is nothing out there that comes near to what I am doing - but I’ve also asked friends who have kids with diabetes and this is something that they can really use and are excited about.)

But to do it right, I need to have input from people who have been through this experience, or are going through it now. The more, the better. Do you have tips or tricks, or bits of if-I’d-known-then wisdom you’d be willing to share? Please get in touch! I’d love to hear from you.

And as an added incentive… a significant portion of the proceeds will be going to the JDRF for research. The better the book is and the more useful, the better for everyone :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Audrey