High BG due to Caffeine?

So my one vice when it comes to ‘splurging’ on my diet throughout the day is caffeine. I know I shouldn’t consume so much, but considering I hardly eat ANY sugar, maintain a low carb diet, don’t drink coffee, and work out twice a day. I figure it doesn’t hurt me. Maybe a couple of sugar free “RockStars” a day and thermogenic with caffeine for working out.

Just curious if anyone experiences high BG as a result. It doesn't seem to affect me that much. By the way, I LOVE how coffee drinkers will make a comment to me about RockStar while they have they have their 3rd Venti in hand from Starbucks!

I drink A LOT of coffee and the caffeine does affect my blood sugar…I have to take few units to cover for every cup that I drink.

1 Like

How many units do you take for one regular coffee ? I think cafeine rise my BG and I’m wondering how to calculate since there are no carbohydrate in coffee.

1 Like

“Rockstar can cause jitteriness, anxiety, and high blood sugar levels.” If you’re caffeine sensitive I’m sure it can. Kind of like how ephedra was taken off the market.

I drink the sugar free only and am curious how much that raises my BG. Think I’ll have to test it out one day.