How many units?

My I:C ratio varies throughout the day between 1:7 and 1:8, but for 45g at 1:7, I’d pump 6.45 units of Apidra. That’s my breakfast and dinner ratio, give or take whatever correction or reverse correction would be required for my blood sugar at the time.

i’m glad this is posted here because i am going to be starting regular insulin with my meals instead of the 70/30 (ugh) insulin i was taking for years that was making me have to eat all day and most of the night to not have lows…

can anyone tell me how to find my I:C rate?

i think i am pretty sensitive to insulin. so was planning on starting on 1 unit with 30 carbs for meals just to see what happens… i can always use more next meal if that doesn’t work…

i stopped insulin to see if i could make it with exercise and a low carb diet - i am getting too thin… looks like the honeymoon is over… grrr…

help!!!

My ratio is 1:9, so 5.

If that was eaten before 5pm, I’d use 5 units of NovoLog. If that was eaten at or after 5pm, I’d use approximately 5.6 units of NovoLog.

If the food was “high fat” it will alter the formula slightly. Is there any sugar that needs to be brought down too?

1unit/6grams. 8 units if being agressive.
Stuart