How to remain positive when encouraging my teenage daughter

My daughter was diagnosed just weeks after her 9th birthday, and got her pump on the first anniversary of her diagnosis. It’s been three years on the pump (four years total) and all of a sudden she’s starting to rebel a little. She knows she should check her BG and enter her carbs while dinner is cooking, but she always waits until the last minute… Resulting in high numbers even hours after eating. Her last A1c was over 9, I was devastated. The one previous to that was 7… I’m doing my best to remain positive and as supportive as possible. She’s 13 now and rebelling against the world pretty much. I’ve found that being a mother and being her friend are becoming a very difficult mix. This is the first site I’ve joined since her diagnosis… I’m just looking for support, and input from parents going through what I’m going through.

Oh honey ! Get ready for rebelloin. She turning into a teen! I took Type 1 in 73 when I was 10 and my daugter took Type 1 at 11. Done fine (both of us) till we hit those rebellious teens! Give her time she will get it it will just be a while!

Well said Wendy!!!