I am looking for volunteers from Canada to participate in a survey about diabetes to assist me with my doctoral degree

Hello,

My name is Amy Janzen and I am a doctoral psychology student at the University of Regina. Along with my supervisor, Dr. Heather Hadjistavropoulos, we are seeking individuals over the age of 18 from Canada who have been diagnosed with Type 1 or 2 diabetes to participate in a study on better understanding treatment adherence by responding to questionnaires. Questions focus on emotions such as anxiety and depression, thoughts related to engaging in treatment activities, and adherence to treatment activities.

With a better understanding of these influences, clinicians working with individuals with diabetes may be better able to target these psychological influences involved in engagement in treatment activities. This research is important to guide future research focusing on such interventions.

The questionnaires are available for completion either online or in paper format. The survey is voluntary and confidential and will take approximately 1 hour to complete. After the initial questionnaire completion, you will be contacted two additional times via email, mail, or phone to respond to a brief 13-item questionnaire that will take approximately 5 minutes to complete once at 7 days and another at 14 days after the initial completion of questionnaires. As a thank you for your participation, $1 for every participant who completes the questionnaires all 3 times will be donated to the Canadian Diabetes Association.

If you wish to complete the survey online, please click on the link below (or copy and paste it into your internet browser).

You will need to enter the password: diabetes

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6NMP2N2

If you wish to complete the survey via a mailed questionnaire, please contact Amy Janzen at janzen2j@uregina.ca or 306-585-5369 to participate or if you have any questions.

This research has been approved by the University of Regina Research Ethics Board and the Regina Qu’Appelle Research Ethics Board for Canada-wide recruitment.

Thank-you very much for your time and your willingness to participate in our research!

Sincerely,

Amy Janzen, M.A.

Doctoral Psychology Student

Department of Psychology

University of Regina

Regina, SK S4S 0A2

Phone: (306) 585-5369

E-mail:janzen2j@uregina.ca

The posting of this research has been approved by the TuDiabetes Administrative team.

Okay Amy - will do my best with the online survey. I did try to help out another Tudiabetes member here with their survey - but it was very lengthy - and I never was able to get my partner in crime to do his bit (it was for both wife/husband). Will go check out the survey tomorrow.

Amy - Just to let you know - the survey was very easy to do (it took me under 30 minutes to do - the link says 60 minutes - I guess I’m fast). I did only do 1/2 of it the night before - and kept the screen up to complete the next day. Some interesting questions were asked, that made my brain open up a little bit about how diabetes has effected me. It was a pleasure to help you and your team out ! I’ve also posted your information at Diabetes1.org - where I work as a Diabetic Mentor - and hopefully this will gain you more recognition in the work you are doing!

Thank you very much for participating and for posting the study information. Your help is greatly appreciated!