Would you like to participate in a suvey for Diabetes Research?

Hi! My name is Ruthie. I am a 47-year-old Mom of two wonderful middle-school-aged girls – AND – a doctoral student at Loma Linda Univ. After putting my now-ex-husband through medical school, raising our young daughters, and many other life adventures – I am now pursuing my passion of helping others through science!!

For my dissertation, I am researching how married couples manage diabetes, and what makes it harder and easier to follow the diabetes regimen including diet, exercise, testing, and medication. This is part of my dissertation work for my degree, so I could really use your help!! Even more important, the early findings are very exciting, hopeful, potentially very helpful, but I need more participants for these findings to be “significant!”

This survey is for married people, if one or both has diabetes. Your participation would be very valuable!!!

Your participation would be of enormous value!!! Please contact me here, or at research.diabetes.t.ruth@gmail if you would like to participate, or if you have any questions are thoughts for me. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ANY HELP!!!
7079-ConsentForm.doc (2.79 MB)
7080-DiabeticSpouseQuestionnaireStudyVersion2.doc (776 KB)
7081-NondiabeticSpouseQuestionnaireStudyVersion2.doc (623 KB)

Hi Ruth - Just sent you a PM - and I’ll look at the attachments once I’ve heard back from you. I live in Canada as well - so not sure if this will disqualify me from the survey - seeing as you are from the US. Also, I see you’ve posted this in the Type 2 area - so not sure if this is applies to Type 1’s like myself.

Anna from Montreal - aka FatCatAnna at The Trials and Tribulations of a Diabetic

Hi, Anna!

Being Type 1 and from Canada – not a problem! I did put this on Type 2 just because we were looking for more Type 2’s, but still VERY grateful to have either. It is a study of married couples, at this time, so do you have a husband who’d be willing to participate as well?

Thanks so much for being willing to donate your time to this study!!

Ruthie :slight_smile:

This research study has been approved by TuDiabetes Administration.

By the way, the ealier descipion asked for people who have been diagnosed for a least a year – this requirement was lifted!

Consent form opens fine. error on attempting to open the 2 questionnaire forms

Thanks, I will check it out and hopefully fix that. In the meantime, I just emailed them to you – the surveys are in Word. I hope there is not a problem with those…!

Great news!! Recent funding support makes incentives possible!! $5 GIFT CERTIFICATES TO THE NEXT 20 completed surveys I receive! :slight_smile:

Hi Ruth, emailed versions open just fine. My wife worked last night and didn’t sleep today so… I will wait until tomorrow to approach her with it.

Hurray!!! Omgosh, your poor wife – hopefully, she will get her rest soon!

THANK YOU!!!

Yes, Kaileen, it sounds like you guys would be perfect!

:slight_smile:

Ruth:

My wife and I will be delighted to participate. I am a type 1 and have had the disease for 35 years. We have been married up for 32 years and thankfully Sheryl is not diabetic.

Rick Phillips

Rick:
Thank you very much to you and your wife!!! That is wonderful of you both to take the time to do this survey!

Please let me know if you are able to dowload the files from this site. If your prefer, email me at research.diabetes.t.ruth@gmail.com and I will attach the word files for the suveys that way.

Once you download them, simply indicate your answers by turning your choices red, or by marking asterisks next to your choices, or what ever is easiest for you. Save them as you go. Then email them as attachments back to me at research.diabetes.t.ruth@gmail.com .

Once again, thank you!!!

Do you have to be American to participate? I live in Canada.

This sounds like a great thing to study. Please share your results with us when you’re all finished!

Thanks. KL

Hi, Kelly!
Yes, living in Canada is fine for this study. Thanks for your encouragement, and I’ll be more than thrilled to share results when I get there (in a few months!). If you and your spouse would like to participate, I would appreciate that tremendously!!

Thanks!!

I’d be happy to participate, if you still need people.

Thank you vey much – yes, I do!!

Let me know to what email address I can send the surveys, or I believe you can download them from my page.

Thanks so much to everyone who has sent in surveys and to those who are working on them!!! I have received 6 of the 40 that I need, and 4 of these are from TuDiabetes. You guys rock!!!
<3
Ruthie

Do you need more? I think my wife will be willing…

Thanks.

Bruce, Yes, please!!! :slight_smile: