I am too scared to switch to Trulicity... Seek advice

Mahmoud, please let us know when you start Trulicity, and update us regularly on how its going (efficacy, side-effects, etc.).

Thanks!

1 Like

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your kind follow-up. Definitely Iā€™ll update the group after I start Trulicity. I am not in a hurry because I need first to finish my current Byetta pen.

Best

Dear Brutus,

I am glad to hear the story of your Mom with Trulicity. Its very encouraging. I hope that after I switch to Trulicity my numbers will improve too.

Mahmoud

Greetings Friends~

Thank you all for the great responses and support. I needed it to overcome the hesitation that I was under. Today (Friday), I started my first Trulicity injection at 8 AM. So far, I have none of the negative side effects mentioned with the medications. Things seem to be normal just as they used to be when I was on Byetta. Iā€™ll update this link whenever new things come out. If things continued to be good, Iā€™ll update this thread briefly every week.

Mahmoud

4 Likes

As promised, I would like here to report about my first week with Trulicity. I have had none of the side effects listed in the leaflet that comes with the medication. I think I am lucky in that but my diabetes reading were better with 2 injections of Byetta daily. However, my diabetes doctor said to me that I need 6 weeks of Trulicity before I can see real good resultsā€¦ I am continuing and optimistic.

5 Likes

Were you on anything else before Trulicity? I was just switched from Victoza to Trulicity because my place of employment changed insurances and they wonā€™t cover Victoza. I liked my Victoza. It worked well for me.

My numbers are running high and I took the first dose two days ago. Thanks!

Ironic. My insurance , United Healthcare, did not want to pay for Trulicity and was forcing me to start on step therapy with victoza. My doctor had to intervene. Since then my dr had me try ozempic. Weirdly enough ozempic did not lower my blood sugar as much and I was very very sick. Diarrhea and cramps for days. I chose to go back to trulicity my bg is not as low as before but Iā€™m working on it. If your comfortable with the daily injection and victoza works for you try and fight for it. I was never on victoza and still take metformin and was recently given actos but have not started yet. All generic

Isnā€™t that just crazy? One insurance company will pay for it and another wonā€™t. I take metformin as well. 1000 mg 2x per day. I have a sample of ozempic, but neither insurances would cover it! Iā€™ll give Trulicity a month as Iā€™ve already bought a monthā€™s supply and if it doesnā€™t do any better then Iā€™m going to see if my doctor can intervene. The only other one theyā€™d cover was byetta.

I am a type 2, 26 years. I take metformin ,lantus, and trulicity. I have had no problems with trulicity . My endo is very good , said it is keeping me off of short acting insulin. Makes me happy. Nancy50

I used Trulicity to good effect for 2.5 years. I recently switched to Victoza because my basal insulin changed due to insurance coverage. Itā€™s easy to use and you once a week dosing was nice. For me it just made everything work a little better.

I just came off of Trulicity after 4th dose due to a week-long bout of cramping, diarrhea, nausea, extreme fatigue etc. The first week side effects were mild, second week slightly worse, by the 4 week I had to stay home from work for 4 days. Very disappointing because it was working really well for my BGL and I appreciated the convenience. Hopefully, one of the other once-weeklies will work better for me overall.