I just can't seem to get my diabetes under control

HI,GUYS I’'VE BEEN A DIABETIC FOR 6 YRS. ,LETS JUST SAY I FOUND OUT 6 YEARS AGO BUT HAD THE SYMTOMS8 YEARS,BUT THE DOCTORS COULD NEVER FIND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG.WEE,BY THE TIME I FOUND OUT I HAD DIABETES I HAD ALREADY HAD IT AT LEAST 2 YEARS AND MY BLOOD SUGAR READIND WAS 630.WELL I’VE BEEN ON A ROLLERCOASTER BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH INFECTIONS AND I BELIEVE THE INFECTIONS ARE CAUSING THE SPIKED BLOOD SUGARS,THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS I ATTEND A TERRIBLE CLINIC THAT COULD GIVE A HOOT WEATHER I LIVE OR DIE BUT I DO .CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET REALLY GOOD CARE FROM A STAFF THAT GIVES A DAMN,I LIVE BALTIMORE,MD.PLEASE HELP!!!

her name is robin huet and maybe she can help she is a diabetic nurse and teaches about it here in LA.

: Write an email rhuet@eqhs.org

Hi Donna, my name is D.D. and I live in Tennessee. I too, think I was a diabetic long before my diagnoses. It can be so frustrating when you don’t feel confident with your medical care. Does your insurance require a referral? Are you seeing an endocrinologist? My life depends on mine and I won’t let anyone else but him treat my diabetes - he just knows so much. I am fortunate to have a wonderful endo who really cares about me and will also just listen to me when I’m frustrated. I don’t have a good handle on my bg levels right now - I’ve become what they call “brittle” - I am extremely sensitive to small changes in my insulins - I often use the term “my life is like a rollercoaster!” and it is so depressing for me when nothing seems to work. I’m finding out that in the mornings I can handle certain carbs that I just can’t eat in the evenings…and sometimes my ratios and sliding scales work and sometimes (too often now…) I give myself too much insulin and I crash (read my other post on this…). Do you have access to a really good diabetic nurse educator where you go for treatment? I hope you find better care - this disease is so challenging! Hang in there…Big hug…see ya, DD

OMG YOU SOUND JUST LIKE ME!I GO THRU THE EXACT SAME THINGS U GO THRU.I’M SO FRIGHTENED BECAUSE I KNOW MY DIABETES IS A LOT MORE ADVANCED THEN I AM BEING TOLD.MY TOE NAILS HURT SO BAD I JUST WANT TO PULL THEM OUT AFTER I TAKE OFF SHOES.MY FEET ACHE ,MY KNEES,MY HANDS,I HAVE A LOT OF PAIN BUT I TRY TO DEAL WITH IT.HALF THE TIME I CANT SEE CRAP.I’M GETTING THE WORSE CARE A DIABETIC CAN RECIEVE,THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH DOCTORS,OR NURSES WHERE I GO AND I DO NOT SEE A ENDOCRINOLOGIST ,IVE ASKED BUT NEVER RECIEVED ONE.I FEEL I’M FALLING IN THE CRACKS …I SEE IT EVERY DAY -BUT I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE ME .I’D LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR INFO AND SUPPORT.I FEEL SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE A WONDERFUL PERSON AS YOURSELF TO BE CONCERNED ENOUF TO HELP ME…THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH.HUGS TO YOU DONNA

Don’t know what your situation is but there must be an Endicronologist you can see. Demand it. Also, do you have a glucometer? It’s very important that you get one and check your blood sugars, the more the better. I do 7 times a day. It will tell you what your BS is running. What insulin are you on? If it’s too high you need to adjust. So sorry to hear of your misery but there is hope. You have to find a Doctor who cares and you have to take control.