I'm a software developer and a diabetic and as a way to give back to the community, I want to build a website and iPhone app that will encourage kids to monitor their BG.
Kids would select a robot avatar that would encourage them.
Here are the features I'm planning
1) Simple interface: Enter the number and you're done.
2) Reward/Badge system: Kids win badges for all sorts of events. e.g. 3 good measurements, multiple day streaks of measurements, etc.
3) Parents receive an email/txt when the child records the BG
4) Completely anonymous: Kids use the Avatar and name the avatar robot. There is no way to discover the actual identity of the child.
5) Actual rewards: I'll make stickers and send them out in the mail as rewards.
My plan is to make the app and the website COMPLETELY FREE FOREVER.
I don't mind paying the cost for now, but eventually I'll look for sponsors to keep the app free.
I'm looking for parents to help me with ideas, feedback, etc.
I'm *NOT* looking for money. I just want to get feedback from parents so that I know I'm going the right direction.
I'm setting up a blog to keep track of the progress of development. The domain is http://www.robobetics.com/
Please email me if you are interested to participate.
firstname.lastname@example.org (75.4 KB) 2280-robots002.jpg (39.6 KB)