I was bummed

I was getting kinda bummed about what people are able to produce.
But, then I got this newsletter, which is worth exploring.

As the situation related to COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, I wanted to share an update about Mayo Clinic’s ongoing response and connect you to our most up-to-date and trusted information and resources.

Updates from Mayo Clinic include:

· Mayo Clinic’s Florida campus significantly expands testing capability. In an effort to help its patients and surrounding communities, Mayo Clinic’s campus in Jacksonville, Florida, has significantly expanded efforts to process and test COVID-19 specimens. The expanded capability uses high-throughput diagnostic processors that allow the Mayo Clinic lab to process more than 1,000 tests per day, and capacity will expand over time. Drive-through specimen collection is available and results are reported within 24 hours of testing. Read more at Mayo Clinic News Network .

· Mayo Clinic is engineering products and parts to help provide needed equipment. Teams across Mayo Clinic are working together to create solutions for patient care through reverse-engineering, 3D printing and machining of components for critically needed equipment and supplies. More information about Mayo Clinic’s innovative approach to address this situation is highlighted at Mayo Clinic News Network .

· Mayo Clinic is working to develop a COVID-19 vaccine. Researchers at Mayo Clinic and around the world are working to rapidly develop a COVID-19 vaccine, but vaccine development takes time and resources. In an article and video at Mayo Clinic News Network , Mayo Clinic infectious disease researcher Stacey Rizza, M.D., addresses common questions about vaccine development and when people can expect a vaccine for this disease.

· Mayo Clinic is engaged in clinical trials for treatment of COVID-19. Mayo Clinic is working to rapidly develop solutions to better treat COVID-19. We are engaged in clinical studies and expect early results from those studies soon, including trials of several experimental drug treatments. You can hear the latest on these studies in a podcast with Mayo Clinic infectious disease expert Gregory Poland, M.D., available at Mayo Clinic News Network .

For the latest updates from Mayo Clinic, I encourage you to visit Mayo Clinic News Network’s home for COVID-19 coverage , where you will find articles updated in real time as circumstances and guidance from public health agencies change. Another resource I encourage you to explore is Mayo Clinic’s home for public COVID-19 information . This site includes a self-assessment tool for understanding possible COVID-19 symptoms and whether you may be a candidate for COVID-19 testing.

As I had noted previously, Mayo Clinic continues to empower its work in this pandemic with philanthropic gifts directed to two funds. The COVID-19 Research Fund is accelerating COVID-19 and related viruses targeted research, vaccine development and gene therapies. The COVID-19 Clinical Fund will advance Mayo Clinic’s testing capabilities and our overall response to COVID-19 to help patients everywhere get the best care possible.

Benefactors like you are vital to Mayo Clinic’s ability to put the needs of patients first. If you would like more information on how you can support Mayo Clinic’s response to COVID-19 please visit philanthropy.mayoclinic.org/COVID19 .

Thank you for your continued trust in Mayo Clinic. I look forward to sharing regular updates and information as Mayo continues to provide leadership in a dynamic situation.

5 Likes