I'm new here

I Pam. read all and absorbed. you'll find someone, maybe many who will understand the entirety of your situation. Feel at home here. Everyone here is special. Albert.

Hi everyone!! I'm sorry for my long absence. I'm so involved with things on FB and I can't sit for too long or my whole body hurts. I do Save a Cat/Dog apps on there but the developers of the apps are closing them VERY soon! :( :( We are all devastated. It is not just a "game" to us but we get to see all of the cats/dogs all over the country that are in shelters that need furever homes. Some are so very sad. Some shelters are VERY bad and some are good.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone reading my ramblings and welcoming me. My bsl's are much better now that I am on insulin and I also take Metformin XR. I need to eat better tho!! It's very hard when you have a limited income and can't really afford to eat all of the "healthy" stuff. My......oh, I can't think what it is called atm.....my bsl # from my labs last time was 7.4. I know, not perfect but ALOT better than it was.

Thanks again to each and everyone of you who took the time to respond. Have a great day...the sun is shining here after 2 days of much needed rain....so the sun always makes me feel better. :)

Big hugs to everyone dealing with this crazy, hard-to-understand disease!!

Welcome Pam. Chances are someone here has walked at least half a mile in your shoes. You can either search out the discussion or create a new one for more curren experiences. At times I have popped in and out of here myself. This is a very intereting and helpful group.

Hi to everyone who responded to this post. It was made quite a long time ago. :P But I thank you just the same. Since this post I've lost my precious Hannah 2 days b4 my birthday in May. :( I do have 3 kitties again tho. I rescued Cami from outside....she was already spayed and ear-tipped (I had a feeling she was bcs she never got pregnant)...phew!....I had fed her for over a year and finally was able to bring her in on one very windy and rainy night where she was crying at my window. One year later she is happy to be in a warm, dry home and her and Abby are just now really getting used to each other.....BUT, the newest addition is Little Buddy...he was outside at the same time as Cami.....then he disappeared for 6/7 months. My guess is that he was trapped in a house on the next street where this older man had tons of cats and dogs not being taken care of and in filth. They found this when the man had passed away and his little 9 yr. old g'daughter had to call 911. Poor little thing. :( So, my theory is that when Buddy got out he zoomed over here as fast as he could!! Now he's fixed and in the house. We are under transition of trying to get the 2 girls and him used to each other since he likes to jump on them. Yikes!!

I hope everyone has a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING this year. I will be spending it alone for the first time in a long time. Well, me and my "kids".