In trouble!

A few thoughts. First, I so understand your feelings on this issue. it certainly isn't easy and your analogy of being taken to the principal's office says a lot about the negative feelings that you are carrying. They are unfounded. Now, this is the rational me talking. The emotional me says, "I'm with you sister! I have been there and done that and will again." But the rational and logical part of me says, hang on. That you have to be chastised says that your doc clearly has a really small understanding if any of the whole diabetic. That he referred you to the other person is a good thing, cause clearly he has no real understanding of the emotional component of living with a chronic disease.

Secondly, because our state is chronic. We will forever be in need of guidance and help, and support and feedback. I have yet to read, meet or hear anyone say that they have controlled their T1D ever since.. or always keep it in control, or on top of it 100% of the time. That's not a possibility that I am aware of. a 7.1 A1C isn't bad. There have been times when I walked in to a doctors appointment and have almost not been allowed to leave because of the high A1C. I'm talking in the 14 range. So you were far from that. Shame on that doctor for making you feel so belittled when you are doing what you can with what you have. Every day is different. Some are better than others.

And lastly, I admire you for writing your post as the tears rolled down your cheeks. That isn't easy, but shows a real determination on your part to get going and moving forward. You could have chosen to sit idly and just let things go. Not seek help or advice. Instead, you were brave and open and sincere about your feelings, your situation and your emotional state. I hope the responses you've had helped you. I'd just like to add my support to those that have already spoken.

Docs like that "chap my hide."

Thank you ! the affirmation that I am NOT alone is wonderful to read responses from everyone. It's a good reminder that We will forever be in need of guidance and help, and support and feedback. I have yet to read, meet or hear anyone say that they have controlled their T1D ever since.. or always keep it in control, or on top of it 100% of the time. Well said jeffojeda.
I think that I need to print what you said on paper and put in on the fridge beside the kids art work as a daily reminder.