Insulin Bottle Craft

I was reading a discussion and someone asked for ideas for reusing insulin bottles. I have been making Christmas ornaments, Vacation Bible School crafts, teacher gifts, etc. for about 20 years. Here is a photo of some of the things I’ve done with my bottles. Strangest thing I’ve put in an insulin bottle: colored sugar!!!

Oh those are cute! How do you get the septum off?

This is cool, but will the insulin smell go away?

I have had a G. S. Leader put green water in them. Label reads “Blood GS+ Transfusion”. We put pins on them and wear them.

I am out to go look for corks. Check with www.makingfriends.com for corks

very neat idea, but i don’t know what i would use them for…

They are cute! I have a friend who has saved her insulin bottles for years. (I wonder what that will smell like once opened) We’ve been wondering what to do with them. Our thought was constructing a greenhouse as she is a horticulturist.

Since I don’t take insulin, forgive my ignorance…can’t you recycle the bottles? I was diagnosed several months ago and have three empty black canisters the test strips come in and I am planning to call the company who supplies them to me and ask if they want them back (recycle).

I’m a beader and if the canisters were clear, I would use them to store seed beads. Guess I could weave beads on them…

Sorry I am a Girl Scout Leader.

Oh, those are cool! I always feel bad throwing the bottles out.
I never even thought about using them for something else. haha.

You’ve got my thoughts going!

i have an idea/project for using bottles! if anyone wants to send me some i can send the address!

i have an idea/project for using bottles! if anyone wants to send me some i can send the address!