Insulin pens

Hi friends :slight_smile:
I was just wondering why when using insulin pens - novopen echo in my case - there is sometimes a drop of insulin at the pen tip after the injection ( this is normal according time the manual ) and sometimes there’s not ??? Anyone else find this happens.
I always prime the pens and watch the plunger move down as I give the injection so I know it’s not blocked and always leave it under the skin for a count of 10 ten after injecting … just find it strange how large the drop seems sometimes and other times there’s no droplet at all ??

1 Like

@Amelia3 Evidently you aren’t alone. This is a link to a recent discussion about dribbling insulin pens. You might find it interesting.

Down stream @mark19 posted a link to a study on the problem.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/1528-252X(200006)17%3A4<109%3A%3AAID-PDI42>3.0.CO%3B2-N

1 Like

Yep it happens to me, I don’t know whether I got the full dose to be honest. But try leaving the needle in for longer, I find the droplet doesn’t happen as often if I do that.

Same here. Always that little drop at the end no matter how long you wait. Sometimes I give it 30 seconds, jiggle the needle in and out a little bit just to see if that helps, but nope.

Kind of like that rude jingle most guys know, but I’ll spare you…

I know two different versions, and it was a girl who taught me.

I’ve noticed that there are some ladies whose interest in a certain part of a man’s body is obsessive, and they have no objection to discussing the subject in public. Frequently, and in startling language.

1 Like

HOW DO I NOT KNOW THIS JINGLE? Did I miss an important part of my adolescence?

I’ll only say that it ends with “the last drip always lands in your pants.”

Apparently I grew up under a rock, too… And Google has been no luck. When I searched that phrase, I got the American Idol “Pants On The Ground” clip!