Job Interview

Hi Sarah66,

You are totally correct! Thanks. :slight_smile:
I think after my experiences of HR “eating their own.” I prefer to keep as much of myself to myself as possible. I do trust coworkers but I have learned to be more cautious along the way. Yes, its very important to state ones accommodations especially to a manager for disabilities concerning the law, but sharing too much too soon can put someone in a compromising position. I have learned that even though we have laws sometimes employers get away with a lot.
I sound really negative but assure you I am not. I think early on in my career I trusted too much and i had to learned to pull back a lot.
Thanks for sharing.

Busybee

i honestly believe if an employee is valuable, is a contributing member to the organization, company, team a disability doesn’t matter at all. I’ve never experienced nor participated in discrimination from an HR/employers perspective. a good employee comes in all shapes and sides as does a ‘not so good’ one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We were taught only to ask if a prospective employee can perform the job functions “with or without a reasonable accommodation” but not to question what types of accommodation they might need, or for what reason during an interview…

It starts getting really weird when employers start exploring what accommodations are “reasonable” and what aren’t… But I’m pretty sure checking your blood sugar and ocassionaly eating a snack while on shift are reasonable by pretty much anyone’s definition

1 Like