Just saying Hi

Hi! I’ve been reading many of the posts here but just joined today. I have type 2 diabetes, diagnosed in 2011. This past November I started insulin. I have the Dexcom CGM and the Tandem Tslim X2 insulin pump. For the first time in many years, I finally have control over my diabetes again rather than diabetes having control over me.:blush:

9 Likes

Welcome to TuD! I’m glad you’ve found the forum helpful - you can join us in chat sometimes too :wink:.

I was diagnosed as Type 2 in June 2012, but went on insulin just 4 months later. I’m using the Dexcom G4 for the last 4 years and the Animas Vibe pump for the last year and a half. Yes, I find pump and CGM very helpful in managing my diabetes.

1 Like

My name is Robert17. Type 2 using Humalog to spank my numbers around meals, Toujeo 15 units as basal insulin and Januvia 100mg per doctor’s orders.

Use the magnifying glass in the upper right, to investigate the topics. Send your own new topic and people will respond and try go help you, share their experiences or empathize.

Welcome aboard ! Here is a cup of coffee.

2 Likes

Blessings and welcome. I am so glad you found us. Here–there is no such thing as a “dumb question”. Never…love of the universe to you…

3 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I’m so glad to connect with others here that are on insulin and others that are pumping!

3 Likes

Welcome!

I love to see type 2’s using technology to better manage their diabetes. Glad you are feeling empowered. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The CGM and the pump have been a real game changer for me! I. So glad that my insurance has covered these for me!

2 Likes

I have type 2 and have been using in insulin for nearly 7 years. I got a CGM last June and it has helped. Not nearly as much as insulin, but my control has improved. Now if I could just stop looking at it all the time.

1 Like

Welcome to the group. People here are very supportive. I have been a type 2 for almost 24 years,on lantus and Victoza. You have come to the right place😀Nancy

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m always excited to meet a doppelgänger (I’m also a T2 on Dex + X2). :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. You and I have something in common, we are bothg T2 and we both use a pump.

I am just dying to know what you think of your Tandem pump. My Medtronic pump is over four years old and out of warranty, I’m having a hard time deciding on a replacement. Would love to hear what another T2 thinks of their Tandem pump.

1 Like

I :heart: my t:slim X2!

1 Like

I love my tslim X2. Of course, it being my first pump, I have nothing to compare it with…but it’s working very well for me. Prior to the pump, I was on Lantus for basal and humalog for mealtime bolusing.

Greetings!! I have had diabetes since mid 1990s…oral meds for me. I have other health issues, that at times make the diabetes very hard to control. Hubby also Type 2, and he is on Lantus.

Just as long as your meter isn’t “Just saying High”…Lol😂. Welcome!!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Diabetes is a common Disease this time…but time many medicines this Disease to good day by day

Yes…diabetes IS indeed common. Just about everyone is affected by diabetes one way or an other. If you don’t have it personally, you likely know someone who does.