I did something today I’ve never done before: I initiated the termination of an interview at (what was supposed to be) an employment agency. Supposedly this concern has been in business over 40 years. I kind of have to wonder about that when I find:
- pre-interview Web-based application paperwork site not obviously secured by anything other than a password
- first-thing onsite "job safety" video drawing safety conclusions from logically-faulty premises
- same video not accounting for the realities of business life for anything other than an employee on assignment from a temporary agency
- incorrectly-worded questions on mandatory quiz on said video
- contradictory information in exclusivity/no-hire clauses in employment contract
- and the straw that broke the camel's back -- their requirement that I sign a confidentiality agreement that completely and utterly confused the Health Insurance Portability act with the Health Information Privacy act
I gave them more than a fair shake, I think.
We’ll see what, if any, repercussions come of it.