Lantus vs novalog

Helooo!!

I think you are deffinitely still in the honeymoon phase! I also use Lantus (basal) (27 units in the morning) and I have worked out my insulin to carb ratio pretty nicely, using Apidra (bolus, rapid acting) (1 unit per 5gram of Carbs), although when I eat more than 30grams of Carbs the ratio tends to change. I like to stick to very low carb eating, and therefore never eat more than 30grams of Carbs per meal. I stick to 3 meals a day, at least 4 hours apart, because my Apidra works +- for 4 hours, and I don't like to inject my insulin over each other (while the one bolus is still in my system - if that makes sense?) I usually eat about a total of 60grams of carbs a day only.

My sugars are normally 5 (morning), 6 (lunch), 6 (dinner), 6 (bed time), 5 (during the night).

Just some information - More or less:If I tested my sugar bed time, and it was in range, but the next morning it is high, then I know its my Lantus. If I test my sugar 4 hours after I have eaten and it is high, then I know its my Apidra.

Hope this helps a little ;-)

VikkiToria (Type 1 - 26 years)

It's a lot of information but you should write down a list of questions for your doctor - I know from experience that if I don't write them down I'm sure to forget something!

All great information from everyone I am definitely going to write down a list of questions because I know I would forget them too! Thanks

You’re absolutely right about this…it is exactly what I do right before eating.
Eric