Life Insurance for a 50 year Diabetic

Any recommendations on finding reasonable priced life insurance for diabetics?

i was denied today! for a $15,000 burial policy, and i’m 45 years old!

There’s a life insurance out there for an old diabetic??? Please tell me more! HA!

Jay,
Depending on the status of your diabetes, there are 2-3 companies that give outstanding rates. Contrary to popular belief you need to look at their completely underwritten policies in the range of + $100,000 to get the best prices. They are mostly leaning towards type 2’s with no complications and a1c of <6.5. For a 50 y/o wanting $100k of 10 year term your looking at roughly $24/month best case. As you add on weight, complications etc. they’ll increase pricing. If your still having trouble, email me and I’ll track down some information for you.

Jay:

Yeah, actually. If you join AARP (50+) and send in for info on one of the commercials for Colonial Penn. They ask no health questions or demand any physical. I think they followed up with me later to make sure I didn’t at least have cancer!!

Reasonable rates, too.

Lois La Rose
Milwaukee, WI

My brother sells life insurance and he had a difficult time getting me a decent policy. I’m a 35 year old Type 1 with a family. It’s pretty much next to impossible to get a $500,000 policy. I have good control and no complications and it’s tough. I can get a $100,000 policy with a fairly high monthly payment… I’m still considering it.