Life of a G6 transmitter

I recently started 2nd transmitter on X2 and had similar. My understanding is the pump/receiver communication is different than bluetooth. I get many signal loss from pump to transmitter, while my phone (with xDrip bluetooth, next to pump) gets dropout. Transmitter can backfill a certain amount of data, so catches up once it reconnects.

I’m thinking that if the transmitter sends “battery dead no more sensors” that the receiver then prompts you for new transmitter.

I think if the receiver hasn’t seen a paired transmitter in hours maybe it’ll just prompt you, if you want to pair a new transmitter, when doing a sensor change.

But I’m not sure if that’s how it actually works.

Maybe you and me are just thinking about it too hard. I’ve changed transmitters many times and never had to look for this button that I’m looking for. It just worked every time and prompted me for a new transmitter. But it’s weird how it just worked and I don’t think I understand what’s going on under the hood.

If battery dies, you will get message. If max days reached, you will get message to get new transmitter.

If transmitter falls off in ocean, you would do stop sensor and follow same steps as first time sensor/transmitter, when you get a new transmitter.

You will be prompted for transmitter id and to pair it when it detects the last transmitter lost pairing. (still in ocean!).

That is the only thing Medtronic did right was make theirs rechargeable to avoid the cost. To that end, lots of short comings.