Lowering Glucose with Cactus Pear

My simple receipe for the cactus (Choyote pronounced: Choy- O -Tay

Cut up two cactus pears and add to a blender… Add enough water so that the blender can begin its blending.

You can add some cinnamin to flavor the drink before blending… I add about 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries when I have them. Sometimes I add a small amount of Almonds.
A doctor in Mexico had a 60 year old patient that couldn’t get his glucose readings down to below the 180’s. He just so happened to have a new girlfriend friend who made cactus tea for him to drink after every meal. A short while later, he told his doctor about the drink who was surprised about his glucose readings now being in the 90’s to low 100’s region after eating the same meals that sent his glucose readings past 180.
It Works! I get glucose readings down in the 110-120 area 2 hours after a 4 carb meal by drinking just a small glass (6oz.) of this cactus juice. Without drinking the cactus juice, my readings are in the 180’s for the same meal.

Where do you get this?

What’s a “4 carb meal”?

I count my carbs in grams…so do I take it that a “4 carb meal” means 4 grams of carbs in the meal? or is he referring to 4 carb exchanges, where each exchange is 15 grams of carbohydrates?

Thank you all for your comments… For John Smith, I equate “1 carb” = 18 grams of carbohydrate… 1 Carb is lingo in the medical dietician world…

Thanks Judith, I went to my local Mexican market Tienda Morales and at first they had the prickly cactus pears, but on my third visit they were replaced with a smooth cactus pear. The store owner said that the prickly pear “choyote” was unpopular with his customers because of the effort to peal them… So, he replaced them with the smooth cactus pear which by the way has the same wonderful glucose lowering effect. I learned about a cactus tea in a Rodale Press advertisement to purchase their book “The Peoples Pharmacy”. So, not finding the tea, I tried the cactus pear blended with some beneficial additions like frozen blueberries, almonds, and of course cinnamin which are all beneficial to diabetics… Another benefit is the rich fiber content of the blend and the super antioxodants.

Ellie, Go to your local Mexican market, they call them Tiendas or Supermercados.

John, I equate “1 carb” = 18 grams of carbohydrate… 1 Carb is lingo in the medical dietician world…

Hi Judith,

I equate “1 carb” = 18 grams of carbohydrate… 1 Carb is lingo in the medical dietician world…

Thank you

Hi Ellie,
Go to your local Mexican market, they call them ‘Tiendas’ or ‘Supermarcados’.

I went to my local Mexican market named “Tienda Morales” and at first they had the prickly cactus pears, but on my third visit they were replaced with a smooth cactus pear. The store owner said that the prickly pear “choyote” was unpopular with his customers because of the effort to peal them… So, he replaced them with the smooth cactus pear which by the way has the same wonderful glucose lowering effect. I learned about a cactus tea in a Rodale Press advertisement to purchase their book “The Peoples Pharmacy”. So, not finding the tea, I tried the cactus pear blended with some beneficial additions like frozen blueberries, almonds, and of course cinnamin which are all beneficial to diabetics… Another benefit is the rich fiber content of the blend and the super antioxodants.