With the onset of the need for a DiaDiet – one preferably low in carbohydrate and minus starchy elements – the world of recipes options is different.
But nonetheless exciting…
I drink a lot of green tea because I like it. I simply steep green tea bags (with Jasmine petals or pawpaw leaf) on cold water and keep jugs of brew in the refrigerator. That’s the trick: use hot tea and you’ll promote bitter flavours in a brew drunk chilled…
Here’s a recipe I found today which ticks a few boxes:If I had some coconut I’d be making it now.
- 2 tablespoons Green Leaf Tea
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, shredded
- 1/4 seeded and minced jalapeno chilli
- 2 thinly sliced and fried garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons shredded and toasted coconut
- 3 tablespoons toasted and chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 lemon wedges for dressing
- Combine the green tea leaves, fish sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, jalapeno and garlic in a small bowl.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix in coconut, peanuts and sesame seeds.
- Toss the lettuce and chopped tomato together.
- When you are ready to serve, combine all the ingredients in a medium size bowl, toss and arrange on two plates.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.