Medicare - CGM call to action

Congress is currently considering legislation that would require Medicare to cover Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGMs). Now YOU can help patients on Medicare to achieve access to this important technology by writing to your Senators using this link:

http://jdrf.org/take-action/advocacy/cgm-medicare-coverage/

As you may know, most private insurers cover CGMs – they understand the important role they can play in improving patients’ lives. Medicare, on the other hand, does not cover CGMs, meaning some patients (in fact, those who need CGM the most) pay much higher fees for the technology when they turn 65, or lose access to it altogether.

It’s extremely important that the voices of diabetes advocates are heard, and that we tell our Senators to support the Medicare CGM Access Act of 2015.

In particular, residents of the following state are important, as Senators from these states sit on the committee charged with moving the legislation forward:

Delaware
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kansas
Michigan
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming

Whether or not you’re from one of these states – and whether or not you use a CGM - you know access to important new technologies is vital for people with diabetes. Let’s let Congress know that we want the best available treatment and monitoring choices and not bureaucratic interference. Use the link above to support the Medicare CGM Access Act.

3 Likes

I wrote my congress person. I would love to testify. I hvae a compelling story to tell

rick

@Rphil2, I’ll connect you with my contact who is looking for folks who want to get more involved in this effort!