Medtronic 630 and batteries

Can’t find my original post, but I’d been complaining that the batteries on my new (at the time) 630 were only lasting 10 or 11 days. Someone suggested using the energizer ultimate lithium batteries, which I ordered. Meanwhile my pump got replaced due to the reservoir ring problem, so I’m not sure which event created the change, but I am using the lithium batteries and they’re lasting 8 weeks! So, from 33/34 batteries a year to 6/7 batteries a year…good for the environment and good for my purse.

1 Like

I use these AAA batteries, too, but they only last about two weeks in my Loop system. Throw away batteries are certainly convenient and to me are preferable in an emergency like a weather disaster.

Other than that, I would prefer to use a rechargeable system. Every night, I charge my phone, watch and Loop Riley Link device; it is not burdensome. But that choice is not available to me now on the pump system I use and the lithium batteries do last longer.

I have the 770, but had the 670 before that. I’ve never used the 630 but I know all 3 of those models are very similar. I started out using Energizer Max alkaline batteries and they would last me 10-12 days like you. I then switched to using rechargeable Eneloop batteries. I have not had to throw a AA battery in the trash for a long time. They still only last 2 weeks or so, but I’m not buying new batteries all the time, just reusing & recharging the ones I have.

A lot of people end up with a huge crack on their pump by the battery compartment on the back. Most of those people use lithium batteries, which can get very hot. I’d just suggest feeling the back of your pump every day to make sure the battery isn’t heating it up or you might end up with a cracked pump.

Thanks for the heads up, Liz. So far, the back of my pump hasn’t been getting hot.