? Medtronic Pump Supply Issues

I’ve had two “NO DELIVERY” alarms at the time of priming and I had to change out the sets. One “MOTOR ERROR” alarm and I called Medtronic for help. I’ve been getting a few reservoirs that aren’t working properly with the rubber seal. I have been getting highs but, I just figured I didn’t count my carbs correctly.

Contact Medtronic and report the problem every time!
Also, may want to make your pediatric endo to be aware and be on the lookout for other pts reporting the same issues. Most of our patients have been dismissing the issue as “user error” too but maybe it isn’t?

Yep, bubbles are not a good thing!

We instruct our pts to check for bubbles and it is part of our troubleshooting hyperglycemia guide. But the question is why is there so much air in the reservoir and tubing??

I have never gotten a no delivery error after 5 years. I have had one on priming and one on insulin delivery over the last month.

None. I am going on two years. No problems with tubing or infusion sites other than problems I have caused.

I use an Animas pump but am testingtheMinimed infusion sets. Initially I did not like the Animus infusion sets and used the accuchek - I had some of the recalled sets whicj would king aftr 15 to 36 hours and go high. After several calls to AccuChek, i put a complaint into the FDA and about 10 days later, they were all recalled. So since them I have been sensitive to infusioon set reliability. I am testing the Medtronic Quick Set vs the Animas Inset. The last Minimed i had in seemed to become ineffective after 1.5 days and my glucose levels were unexplainably high. Not sure if the canula is kinking or what. I really wish that AccuChek would bring back their flex link - unfortunately they discontinued it after introducing the ill fated Ultra link. The suggestions on the needle type infusion set might be a good trouble shooting technique, but i hated them when ever I moved wrong they would be painful - Pumping for about 20 years!

Curious if others have seen different performance with various infusion sets. Now that I am on CGM, i see problems a lot sooner than I used to. One thing that I have confirmed is the studies that show reduced insulin efficacy after more than 2 days. Initially I was mad at Animus for their small infusion set cartridge, but now i see if I leave it in more than 48 hours, my BG rises so I am getting into a 48 hr change regime.