Metformin for weight loss?

Hey all! I’m new to this forum and a fairly new Type 2 diabetic (3 months in). I’ve loss 30 plus pounds since my diagnosis - from lots of excercise and a low-carb diet. But it’s sl-o-o-o-w going now. My endocrinologist has just started me on Metformin as he thinks it will help with “insulin resistance” and get me losing weight again. Can anyone advise as to this being true or not? So far, my reading seems to impky that weigh loss is due to GI side effects only…
thanks, DeeVa

Hi DeeVa and Welcome!
I dont have the slightest clue when it comes to medication. I’m not seeing any Dr’s due to finances and insurance mess. My thoughts are basically to exercise and try to keep a good watchout for portion size and mean ole carbs! :smiley:
I need to pick me up to start working out again. I’m hoping to get our bedroom switched around so that I can workout there without kids making me feel uncomfy.
Hubby is activated again so he wont be buggin me either:D Then, I’ll need to figure out how to adjust when he comes home. ( that was my downfall last activation.) I lost down to 168 pounds and now I’m sitting at 181.5 UGH! Well, here is to trying again.
MeadowLark

I was diagnosed in February and put on metforum then. I have lost about 22 lbs, I guess, but I’m not able to exercise due to other disabilities. I changed my eating habits a bunch, so can’t say if the loss was due to the meds or the diet changes. 30 lbs in 3 months is an awesome loss, though!!! Congratulations and keep up the good work!!
connie