Need a chocolate cake recipe ASAP

I am making a birthday dinner tomorrow night for my children’s godfather. Does anyone have a tried and true lower carb chocolate cake recipe they’re willing to share, because I know my D daughter will want some. Thanks!

The Diabetes Forecast had a great one in their Nov. or Dec. 2009 issue. The front cover said “Indulge” and they had some great recipes.

I’ve made the chocolate cake they featured several times and it is great. I would post recipe but the magazine is at the office. I’m search you can search their back issues.

Would a chocolate torte be ok? This is sinfully delicious & low carb. It’s also super easy. Very rich, a little goes a long way. If you want a crust, mix about 2 cups of almond flour with 4 TBS melted butter & press into pie plate. I don’t bother with crust. With homemade whipped cream, a crust isn’t needed.

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE TORTE

6 ounces (6 squares) unsweetened Baker’s chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda (I use 2 TBS liquid Splenda or no carb stevia powder.)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
3 eggs
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream, optional for topping

Melt the chocolate & butter together. Whisk until completely smooth. Whisk in sweetener, cocoa, eggs, cream and vanilla. Whisk until well blended. Pour the chocolate mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.

Bake at 350º degrees for 15 minutes or until the torte has puffed around the edges & the center is almost firm to the touch but still slightly jiggly. Cool completely. Chill well before serving. Serve with whipped cream.

Makes 8-10 servings

With granular Splenda:
Per 1/8 recipe: 330 Calories; 30g Fat; 5g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 10g Net Carbs
Per 1/10 recipe: 264 Calories; 24g Fat; 4g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 8g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per 1/8 recipe: 318 Calories; 30g Fat; 5g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs
Per 1/10 recipe: 254 Calories; 24g Fat; 4g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

I think I got this from a diabetc magazine before (I dont remember the name anymore)…I just wrote it down and tried it months ago…
Chocolate Cake

1 Cup bran cereal
1 Cup water
1/3 Cup Splenda (any dry sugar substitute equivalent)
1 Medium egg
1/4 Cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Chocolate flavoring
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 Cup cocoa, preferably Dutch-process
1/4 Cup splenda (your choice of dry sweetener)
2 Tbsp instant nonfat dry milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon (sometimes I add a bit more)
1/2 tsp salt

Directions

Place bran, water, sugar substitute, egg, canola oil, vanilla, chocolate flavoring and lemon juice in a mixer bowl. Mix lightly and let stand for 30-45 minutes.
Combine flour, soda, cocoa, splenda, dry milk, cinnamon and salt and stir to blend well. Add flour mixture to the bran mixture and mix at medium speed about 1/2 minute or until well blended.
Place in a spray-coated 9-inch square cake pan and bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until the cake springs back when touched in the center and sides pull away from the pan. Cool to room temperature and cut into 3x4-inch squares to yield 12 squares. Use 1 square per serving.

Per serving:
Calories: 119
Sodium: 224 mg
Cholesterol: 16 mg
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g