Needing some thoughts suggestions something

I’m new in everything so help me understand something low BG is said to be less than 65 but if I drop into the mid 70’s I start feeling light headed shaky my vision turns like foggy my head feels funny then when I get it back up close to 100 I feel almost beat up my muscles feel sore any help id appreciate please my Dr is jerking me around and I’m trying to find a new one as we speak

When it comes to anything connected with diabetes, specific numbers should only be taken as guidelines. Individual physiologcal responses vary enormously from person to person. Two people can have the same BG reading (65, for example) and one can experience strong symptoms while the other feels perfectly fine. We have an acronym: YDMV (“Your Diabetes May Vary”). It just means that there is tremendous variation from person to person and that what works perfectly for one may not work at all for someone else.

It appears that for you, 65 is too low. Never mind what it feels like to someone else; what matters is how it affects you. If that’s too low for you, then it’s too low for you. Period. Only experience can tell you what the comfortable and safe range is for you.

There is another complicating factor in this picture, too: home glucometers are only required to be accurate to within 10 or 20 percent, depending on the range. So a reading of 65 on the meter could actually correspond to a lower (or higher) actual BG level. Meters aren’t as precise as they might be, and they vary greatly from brand to brand. You can do some research online to find comparisons that will indicate which meters give the most consistent readings.

What all of this boils down to is, numbers are guidelines and nothing more. You have to learn, for yourself, what ranges are appropriate for you.

5 Likes

Thank you very much friend I appreciate you

Like David said, we all feel different at different levels, so pay more attention to how you are feeling. I’ve had this disease for 55 years (diagnosed at 2) and the sensations I use to get when a low was upon me are vastly different from the sensations I get now, If you start noticing symptoms at 65, eat something; 15 gr of carbs isn’t going to negatively affect your blood sugar. The symptoms you described when your blood sugar got to 100 are what I refer to as hypo-hangovers, although I don’t feel them when my bs is at 65 then 100, instead my bs craters to high 20’s/low 30’s at times and I am forcing a lot of fast acting carbs (Pepsi/etc.) into my system, which after about 1 hr. starts wearing on my muscles as well.
Also note that not all endocrinologists are created equal; keep looking for a Dr. you like and is willing to help you in every way you need assistance and understanding.

My neurologist said that same thing about finding a Dr I like of course it shocked me when she said wow he sounds like a piece of work referring to my gp ty so much for ur help friend I appreciate it

[quote=“diesel, post:1, topic:51856, full:true”]I’m new in everything so help me understand something low BG is said to be less than 65 but if I drop into the mid 70’s I start feeling light headed shaky my vision turns like foggy my head feels funny then when I get it back up close to 100 I feel almost beat up my muscles feel sore any help id appreciate please my Dr is jerking me around and I’m trying to find a new one as we speak
[/quote]If your bg has been high (I assume from the “new to type1”) then even “normal” might not feel comfortable. This is not unexpected or unusual. If your doc does not know this or understand it then yes, do find a new one. But getting your bg into a healthy range is a good goal to work toward. Sorry it feels bad, it will get better.