Never Forget Those Who Have Gone Before Us

Well said, thank you for your reply that was sweet. I will share once I have her journal maybe in March. Yes, he is all those things and more. :slight_smile:

P.S. You seem pretty active in discussions, thoughtful and informed. If you would like to be my first “friend” that would be great. I will be customizing my page tues. or thursday with a bio on me and my family with pics. so check it out. :))

Terrie is very active here and she has said all I felt so’s I just didn’t say anything back.

I need some friends, the invite extends to you too Doris, I like what you have said in discussions.:smiley:

I am very sorry to read of the death of your cousin at such a young age. And sorry you had to witness her suffering, knowing you also had Type 1. That must have weighed heavily on your mind. I am happy you were able to speak to your daughter about your feelings of guilt; what a burden to carry around this feeling all these years. We only have one relative who passed on in her early 70s remaining fairly healthy until the last five years of her life, dx’d at 17. We did not know she had Type 1 until later on; had always assumed Type 2 because she was heavy in her adult years. So did not experience guilt over passing on the genes until later on. Plenty of other bad genes we passed on aside from D, LOL. Yes, remember all who have gone before, as well as those adults living now, from whose experience I can learn.

Doris and Emily, don’t EVER blame yourselves. Diabetes is just a roll of the dice, and sometimes you come up lucky and sometimes you don’t. It’s part of the human condition, and like many other chronic and fatal diseases, we simply have no choice in the matter. All we can do is deal with it as it comes. And to my mind, be grateful that we have a disease that is at least treatable, if not curable – we can LIVE with diabetes and not die of it. ,

My son inherited Major Depressive Disorder from me. And while I certainly DO feel very bad about it, it wasn’t something I chose to give him – it was just the luck of the draw. I know he suffers, just like I suffer, but he works on keeping it under control, as I do, and we go on with life. MDD is life-threatening, as I’m sure you know, and I worry about him a lot, but I just have to go from day to day, and treat each day as a new opportunity. Nobody promised us a rose garden, and the one I got is full of thorns, but I’ll appreciate the roses anyway.

Sorry whoops! LOL!