New 2 Pumping - Knot at Infusion Site

My daughter just completed a saline trial with the Ping Pump last week. 5 days later she still has a slight bruise and a knot about the size of a pencil eraser. Is this uncommon? She only wore the pump for 3 days and had no problems during the trial use? Thanks for your help - just a concerned mother.

I also get bruises and bumps from the infusion set and they often take about a week or so to heal. But I would ask her doctor or diabetes educator, just to be on the safe side.

What type of infusion set did she use? If it happens again, you might want to try out different types of infusion sets. There are some that are better for different body types.

When I started on my pump, they put me on an infusion set with too long of a cannula (the tube that goes into you) and I had horrible bruising and lots of bent cannulas. When I switched to a shorter cannula, everything was fine. Ask your pump rep (or call Animas) and they should send you a sample of many types of infusion sets and you can find the one that is best for her!

I think that it is nothing to worry about. When I started on the pump I had knots at first, they healed over time. Good luck to you!