Those of you who use our home page chat feature have noticed a dramatic change that occurred earlier this week. New chat! It looks and operates very differently from the one we had previously.
We elected to try a different chat plugin because many of our frequent chatters expressed dissatisfaction with the one we were using. After checking out some different options and asking some of our community members who use chat often what platforms or features they would like to use instead, we decided to go with a plugin by CometChat. It’s much more adaptable and advanced than our previous chat feature, and at the moment still requires some configuration.
This new chat feature addresses several of the biggest complaints we heard about the old one:
- it’s faster
- it allows for private conversations
- the language filter is less conservative
So that’s great!! However it’s not fully set up yet, so you guys are not yet seeing some of these features. So at the moment I have a list of things to work on, and here’s what’s on it:
- font is too small FIXED
- private messaging is not enabled FIXED
- most of us look like monsters instead of our TuDiabetes avatars
- language filter is not turned on FIXED
- you can’t scroll up to see past conversation
- private chatting for multiple members is not enabled FIXED
Please let me know what else you think needs to be changed, and I’ll do my best to get this working to everyone’s liking!
Thanks for your patience, everyone!! Happy chatting