New Member Here

Hello! I’m new to the forum. My name is Vanessa and I’m from Scottsdale. I joined the forum in hopes of learning more about diabetes, especially when it comes to right diet and food.

1 Like

hi Vanessa, welcome! Look around, you’ll see a variety of diets followed here, some low carb, some not. I’m a long time type1 and I eat moderately low carb, but basically eat the same things my husband does. Last night we had turkey tacos. I had 2, and counted 25 carbs.

1 Like

Hi, Vanessa, and welcome to the club/tribe. TuD is a great place to come to for info and support!

1 Like

So … a city in Arizona, right? :confused:

Are you Type 1 or Type 2? Probably not really necessary for anyone to know, but I sometimes find it helpful to have that plus some idea of what treatment plan a person is following as added context.

1 Like

welcome to the club. & to tud hope you like it as much as i do.

1 Like

Welcome. We all love to answer questions so ask away! I’m a low carber for nine years now, but you will indeed find a host of possibilities here!..Blessings

Type 2 here in Memphis. Don’t starve yourself. When you need to watch your numbers, have a hamburger and a Salad (skip the fries). If you want the fries, take the burger and condiments off the bun, set the bun aside, and eat the meat with a knife and fork.

Just want to help. - Robert

Hello!! Lydia from Northeast Arkansas! I’m trying to become more active on the site. I joined in 2009!

Greetings! Diet is very individual so always remember, what works for others may not work for you. I am a T2 from Ohio. I do what I call No carb, Lo carb, Slo carb girl. (in that order!) When possible I choose no carbs, it keeps my A1C between 5 and 6. If I have good choices I go with lo carbs and adjust activity. If the choices are there to go slo carb, there you go! I always shop the ‘outside’ of the store. Fresh over frozen, frozen over canned = low amount of processed food. With a big family, choices for everyone happen in the house and I’ve learned to provide healthy choices for everyone and I’m ok with some of their choices that they can eat. That is probably the hardest part but you can do it! Hope that helps. Again, find what works for you! Good Luck!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome. TuDiabetes is a great place to find information and very supportive people. As far as diet goes it really depends on your needs and what your body can handle. Try out different plans until you find something that you can customize to your needs. I use LCHF (low carb, normal protein, high fat) and it works pretty well for me. If this is something you are interested in you might want to read Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution to get a good education on diabetes (both type 1 and type 2) as well as how LCHF works. It really helped me to get a foothold and a good start on much better health.

Good luck to you and if you need anything all you have to do is ask. :)grin: